Trying out Kenny Rogers Healthy Meals
(btw, if you don’t like to see me ranting, you can skip this post). =)
Sept 19, 2010
First of all, I want to share that I learned today that I should avoid going to malls especially on the last day of their sale. There are just so many people around and it is very troublesome to find a place to eat as like I said, there’s just so many people. After going around and round SM Mall of Asia a few times (I’m already very hungry), I decided to eat at Kenny Rogers.
I’m already a bit frustrated because there were so many people and I had a hard time finding a place to eat so even these small things bothered me.
- The cashier was very slow! I was the 3rd customer in line but it took like 5 minutes or more till I got my turn
- Since it was jam-packed, I waited for people to finish their food and I sat in table as soon as I saw people stand up from that place. However, this supervisor or whatever he is said that the table is reserved, placed the reserved sign on it and asked me to find another table. What the hell! I regretted that I did not fight back nor complain but that was really plain nonsense. To add to that, I saw another person and her friend sit on that table and he did not have the nerve to do to them what he did to me.
- The salad had more flavor than the chicken… *review to be continued* below
*Hmm I hope you don’t mind my rants above. So anyway, I tried out Kenny Rogers Healthy Meals. Basically, these are meals that serve a specific purpose such as:
- High Fiber Meal – 1/4 Roast Chicken, Fruit & Vegetable Salad, Corn on the Cob
- High Protein Meal – 1/4 Roast Chicken, Tuna Vegetable Salad, Steamed Rice
- Low Calorie Meal – Grilled Fish, Steamed Vegetables, Garlic Rice
- Classic Healthy Plate – 1/4 Roast Chicken, Vegetable Salad, Fruit Salad, Corn Muffin
- Lite & Easy – Roast Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Noodle Soup
- All-Veggie – Choice of Solo Salad, Regular Side Dish, Chicken Noodle Soup
Being the meat lover that I am, I ordered the High Protein Meal. Another test of patience at it took more than 15 minutes for my food to arrive :)
Kenny Rogers Healthy Meal High Protein – PHP 185.00
I ate the salad first as my appetizer (I saw tuna, lettuce, tomato, olive, carrot, corn) then went on to the chicken+ rice combo. Here I can continue my previous statement; the salad had more flavor than the chicken. I was really disappointed with my chicken because only the skin had any flavor to it. It took them that long to prepare this dish and on my first bite, it wasn’t even hot so that added to the bland taste it already had. The only reason I finished it all up because I paid for it and it was expensive.
For the price of PHP 185, this meal or any of those healthy meals are overpriced in my opinion. On the bright side, let me try to analyze (after cooling down), what could have went wrong and I think it all boils down to one thing, the amount of people that was in SM Mall of Asia today! I’m not sure how other restaurants are faring but to have this much customers at one time is a double-edge sword where it is a big challenge for them to deliver with speed and fast turn around time without sacrificing the quality of their meals.
To end this lengthy post, this healthy meal’s purpose is good but with their current prices, it is not what we can call, “bang for the buck” because I can buy already one whole chicken from that price.
Till next time,
Restaurant by Mall: SM Mall of Asia
Restaurant by Location: Pasay